Movies in English and other original languages, not dubbed the Russkie barbarian way. Russian movies worth watching, with English subtitles…
- www.themoscownews.com has a section on movies. The schedule tends to be outdated but will give you an idea where to look
- 35mm (end of Pokrovka, by the old OVIR, building with an anchor in front, Metro Kurskaya, Krasnyye Vorota, walking distance from Maroseyka). Lots of movies in English and French, schedule in English.
- Dome Cinema at Olympiysky Prospekt, opposite the Durov Corner (animal circus), in a hotel called something like “Resurrection” or “Restoration”. Dome Cinema positions itself as a real American movie theatre, which probably means that they are even more expensive than others. Never been there.
- Illusion, in the Stalin Skyscraper where Yauza flows into the Moskva River. I think they specialize in old French movies.
- Orlenok (?) by Metro Sokolniki is said to have movies with subtitles. A movie cafe and some sort of a movie fan hangout. To be checked.
- Film Museum by the Moscow Zoos. Is it still there? To be checked out.